Monday 4 June 2012

Sunday Fashion and Food for the Soul

On Sundays, I join up with the Woestmans to share what I wore to church. More than anything, this is a photo log of what I wear, so I can remember what goes together in my wardrobe to make an outfit!
Besides, I've been trying hard to make my outfits portray a sense of art deco style.

Today's outfit was this one:


Dress - Crossroads
Top - Cotton On

My inspiration for this outfit was my love of the art deco fashion designs that reference the strong lines of architecture:
 





Funnily enough, one of the lessons today at church was about humility vs pride, and the idea that we shouldn't be trying to impress people with costly apparel and riches.The scriptures say that we need to humble ourselves and choose inexpensive clothing rather than costly apparel, and certainly not flaunt it. 

So when I started to write this post, I felt a bit funny about it. Is doing a fashion post prideful and vain?
Some of my favourite posts from other bloggers are their fashion posts. Usually because they are not just wearing a great outfit, but are standing in a gorgeous location. I haven't attempted the gorgeous location thing yet, because I didn't want to dedicate too much time to my playing dress-ups, but maybe that is what will make my posts more worthwhile. Or should I only be showing outfits that were cheap as chips
from sales and thrift shops?

I am going to think a bit more about this.
I'd like to hear your opinions too, although, try to be nice!

Have a happy week!
xx



2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy
    I don't pay huge money for clothes but I do like to buy clothes.
    I think balance is everything. Nothing wrong with shopping as long as you can afford it and your not a slave to fashion. Looking nice is ok!!
    I have to look at my wardrobe carefully as I forget what I have!!
    I think we could all make more of what we have.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement, Chris! I like your idea of making more of what we have, so I'm going to see what I can do with that! :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx