Saturday 7 April 2012

Music - Smooth Criminal

While looking at famous dance sequences in the art deco styled movies of the 30s, 40s and 50s, I happened upon this fantastic video that shows the ways Michael Jackson was influenced by the movie "The Bandwagon", starring Fred Astaire and Cyd Charisse. Clips of the movie are interspersed with clips from Michael Jackson videos and concerts.

I was always a fan of Michael Jackson's dancing, but I seriously never knew how much he was influenced by Fred Astaire. Take a look - this will surprise you!


I know I would have seen all the Fred Astaire movies when I was a kid, but I'm going to have to watch them all again, now that I've seen this! I'm sure I will appreciate them more.

Linking up with Oh Antipodes for the Sunday Session at its new home.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx