Sunday 18 March 2012

Sunday Session - Shakespears Sister

Every now and then I think of this band and remember how much I loved them.


I was watching Beastly with my hubby this week, and Mary-Kate Olsen's character reminded me of  a combination of Siobhan Fahey and Marcella Detroit in their Shakespears Sister days.


So I'm sharing some of their songs with you. You may be seeing these vids for the first time. If so, I hope you get chills from the Stay film clip. I still do.


Another good one is Run Silent Run Deep. The chorus is just beautiful.


And this is a cheeky one, I Don't Care


And another one full of playful sarcasm, You're History:


Last but not least, the anthemic Hello (Turn Your Radio On)


I wish these girls had made more albums together. They were just magical! Brilliant voices, whimsical tunes, clever lyrics, and theatrical videos with art deco style and sparkle!

Joining up with Thea at Do I Really Wanna Blog for her Sunday Session.

 xx

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Shakespeare Sister sure does bring back a lot of memories, especially "Stay". I remember the song being played on the big screen at this pub when my ex and I had just broken up. It was also playing whilst we were both there at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I loved Shakespeares Sister. Stay was amazing, song and video. I still think of Siobhan in Bananarama every time I see her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing that always amazed me, though, was how different she looked and sounded in the two bands. Talk about split personality! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx