Wednesday 16 March 2011

My Place and Yours - W

Over at hello owl, Danielle asked us to find something in our homes starting with W. Being a rather bookish person, this pop-up book of the Wizard of Oz was the first thing to come into my head. It is beautifully illustrated and cleverly made, with intricate pop-ups, and also has recorded sounds on each page.
I adore it!

The cover:

The Tornado

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

The Tinman

The Emerald City

The Flying Monkeys

The Witch

The Wizard

The Return of Dorothy

By the way, is anyone going to the production of Wicked this year?

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pop-up book! I especially love the detail of the Wizard. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got some other pop-ups that I'll have to share sometime! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love the Wizard of OZ... i went to Melbourne to see the actual play with Bert and Pattie Newton etc.... loved it and the atmosphere of a live performance which we dont get many of here in little old Tassie....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. You stopped by my blog a while back and I wanted to return the favor. Wasn't sure which blog you're on most often, so I just picked one. Anyway, thanks for the comment. I hope you're doing well. Which one should I keep up on???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy! Beautiful Day is my main blog, so keep up with that one. I have updates on my sidebar for any new books I read, or films I see, so you can always pop over to those blogs when you see something that catches your eye. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx