Wednesday 7 July 2010

Cinema excitement

Jack and I just went to see Toy Story 3D! It was so much fun! I was as excited as a little kid before we went in, and we had a blast!



I was also beside myself with excitement when I saw this poster:


I've been waiting for this movie to be made for YEARS, and CANNOT WAIT until it comes out in September!! If you haven't read the seven John Marsden books, go to your library now and read them all- they are amazing! The thought of eight teenagers having to survive in a war zone appeals to the Terminator fan in me, and perhaps the survivor in me. These books are LIFE-CHANGING!

The film has a whole bunch of familiar teenager faces from Aussie TV, Lincoln Lewis, Caitlin Stasey, and Phoebe Tonkin, as well as the amazing Rachel Hurd-Wood from Peter Pan.

I have to let you see this preview...


So exciting!!!!

5 comments:

  1. yes that might be a me sort of movie Wendy... i will go and see that one on your recommendation....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the kids have been dying to see Toy Story 3. I was planning a surprise today but had some last min changes. I hope we can all see it on Friday.
    I haven't heard of the other movie but I'll take a look at the books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait till the Tomorrow when the War Began movie either! I've just finished re-reading the book and am going to work my way through the series again. That is exciting in itself! hehe

    Also looking forward to Toy Story 3! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daugher's been to one movie at the theatre and I'm thinking that Toy Story 3 would be a good second theatre experience...I'm glad you guys had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's interesting to hear your take on the John Marsden books. I think I passed them by as a young adult - or maybe when they came out I was too old? Hee hee! Anyway have been thinking about reading them for a while. We met John about three years ago when were considering sending our eldest to his school in Romsey. I'm going to be interested to see your review of the movie (as a huge fan of the books) when it comes out.
    We also loved Toy Story 3D! I'm such a cry baby, I got so upset when the toys were at the tip. I was sitting there almost balling my eyes out thinking..."They can't end it like this!" Thankfully the ending was teary, but gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx