Monday 28 September 2009

Recovering well

My back is feeling much better after my bend and snap moment last week. And, thankfully, it is school holiday time for two weeks. Yay! Hours and hours of blogging time, house preening and arty stuff. The kitchen has been looking bright and happy with the flowers (and vase) I received from the second year education student who worked with me for the last three weeks (well, two really). Thanks Rhonda!!!


Today, I spent some time arranging pictures and objects on three shelves we recently added to our living room. I got the frames from Target at 40% off, and a new treasure box, candle and a round thing on a mosaiced plate from a shop called "All Things Special". Some more black apple pics snuck their way in too! And, finally, I was able to display my Georgia Mars art!


I also got a new lamp from Target, for the loungeroom, and I LOVE it!

(Okay, I had a shopaholic moment, but I needed retail therapy!)

Later today I fiddled about creating a new blog called "a choc-top and me" which is a place for me to blab on about the films I see. I thought I'd try out a background from itkupilli, and it looks fabbo. Go visit!

You might have realised that I also have a blog called "Wise Owl Books", in which I rave on about the books I've read. I added a background from shabbyblogs.com, which has made my little review space look completely bookish! Come on over, tell me about some of your favourite reads.
So that was my day! Blog stuff and decorating. Tomorrow, the Perth Royal Show!

Wendy xxx

5 comments:

  1. Hurrah for holidays and so glad to hear your back is getting better.

    PS: regarding my little dress design cards, i am planning to relaunch my etsy store before the end of the year, but if you want one now, just email me with your address, i'll send one out to you, as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! I'm so glad you're opening your shop again - I can't wait! Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you are getting better and better!
    Don't be hurry on recover! take your time and get well!
    Left the memory crad at home...it happened to me too!
    have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouch-o. Hope you are getting better. I have had a niggly knee and its no fun. Loved seeing bits of your house, the reddy orange wall is divine! Time to make dinner here.... xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your back is getting there-I'm a sufferer and regular chiropractor goer, so I really do feel for you. 3 blogs!! Blimey. I can barely keep up with one. Well done. And the shelves and frames look great. Always so awesome to pick up stuff like that as a bargain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx