Sunday 28 June 2009

Alien Invasion!

But seriously... On Friday night we watched The Day the Earth Stood Still, with the gorgeous Keanu, the wonderful Jennifer Connelly, and the cute Jaden Smith (Will's son).


On Saturday we went to the cinema to see Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.


And this week I've been reading War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells.



Very similar themes, with similar outcomes. All spectacular, and make you THINK. Well, not so much Transformers (the main thing I was thinking through that movie was, this must have cost millions to make!!) Love Shia LaBeouf though - he is a fantastic actor! There were some annoying gratuitous girly butt moments which all the boys in the audience swooned over, and the movie was a tad too long, but it was still impressive.

The Day the Earth Stood Still had some important messages for the human race, not unlike the messages we've been getting over the past few years about improving our way of life to help the environment. Still, poignant and scary. (Besides, check out the house that John Cleese's character lives in - I want to live there!)

And War of the Worlds, well that book cost me $2 and has sat on my shelf for about 5 years, waiting for me to read it. Last week, I finally had the urge to get into it and I'm glad. So scary. It is a fast-paced panic, nearly the whole way through, and leaves you so thankful that it didn't really happen. Highly, highly recommended.

Weird that all these alien things happened in the one week. (Insert Twilight Zone music here.)
Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. oh i love Jennifer Connely:) my favorite movie oh hers is Labyrinth! and I thought she did so well in Beautiful Mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...so I am here which is a massive effort from the bride to be...so where are these new cards then??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx