Sunday 3 May 2009

Books to read

Emma's son, Brenden, has been reading the Dragonkeeper series, and this is the first one.


Isn't the cover exquisite? It is a beautifully written story set in Ancient China (one of my favourite settings) and is about a young girl who looks after a dragon. Gorgeous book for readers aged 11 and up.


My Mum got this book from a group of friends for her birthday. It has many uplifting stories, and I especially like the spiritual ones, and the ones about teaching.


Another great book from Monica McInerney! It's a bit Mills and Boonish, but had some family dramas that were interesting to follow.

1 comment:

  1. I like the look of those monice Mc Inerney books Wendy.... she has another one out too ..cant reember the name of it though?... love the cards again....you are really working at a pace now...you go girl... i will be able to get back into my quilting now that i have finsihed working full time...take a couple of weeks to catch up though...i am on the look out now for the material for the Alice in wonderland Quilt...my winter project....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx