Thursday 23 April 2009

Alice down the rabbit hole

Here is a new set of Alice in Wonderland cards! The idea is that they can be used as 21st birthday cards.




The keys and locks are in reference to when Alice falls down the rabbit hole, lands in a tiled hallway, sees a little door and then needs the key to open it. She finds a bottle labelled 'drink me' and shrinks, then eats a lolly labelled 'eat me' and grows huge, then cries and cries until she makes an ocean of tears! I was quite horrified by Alice's adventures when I was young, but now that I've seen the movie as an adult, I realise Alice WAS quite precocious, and she HAD wished for an adventure, and she really was quite capable of coping in her Wonderland. I always thought she was meant to be 7 or 8, but now I think she was intended to be 11 or 12. The blue on the cards is a link to Alice's dress, and the black stripes link to her headband. I hope you can see the links as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx